Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Sunday, March 6, 2011

WANTED the best therapist around.

I woke up this morning desperately trying to stay away from the pity party that I could feel coming on knowing once there negative thinking can be a slippery slope.
This week has been pretty good, but like most women I found myself utterly exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally, so like a trooper I went into the "fake it till ya make it" mode.  My mantra this morning went something like this "grin and bare it, stay positive, be grateful, it's Sunday don't ruin the mood" but I could feel that smile become brittle and forced as the morning went on. finally rationality went out the window, at that point my mood went from simply tired to "how can I keep going on this way?" dark and overwhelmed my mind went into a downward spiral, and by this point my thoughts were going something like this "I think I need some help, I wonder if there is a good therapist around?" THANK heaven for humor, because for some reason this last thought struck a funny bone, LOL anyone worth their salt has a good therapist in there pocket right? Its so in fashion. This lightened my load a bit but I knew I was still in a fragile state so I decided to go to church early and watch the choir practice. Then my thoughts went something like this "at least this way I can't yell at my kids or husband or go into a  hysterical bout of crying.
As I was sitting in the pew my thoughts went to our Heavenly Father. Even though I thought it was funny earlier, I DO have the best therapist around. He is there when ever I need him. He pays me in blessings, and only gives out advice when I am listening. He is ALWAYS right, and always knows whats best for me. He has provied assistance at all times, and the best instructional books written. When ever I need to I can go to his house and feel loved and at peace. How blessed we are to have a knowledge of our Father in Heaven and to be able to go to him when  our burdens are just too much too bare.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen! Love you Jess!

Sarah said...

BTW, I helped Ammon set up a book review blog, that's why it says "Ammon says". Hey you guys should check it out. He reads lots and wanted to start doing book reviews:) its at: bookbend.blogspot.com

Leake's said...

Beautiful thoughts. You have the power within to survive the onslaught of daily negativity. I am going to remember this post for the days I just don't want to climb out of bed, or I feel small and insignificant.

You are awesome! Love you and the fam!