Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Become like a child.

 Today I was taught a very important lesson by my sweet daughter Shiloh. As many of you know my family and I have been traveling for several months. I have loved it...it has been a great experience in many ways for all of us, but there are time's when so much transition can be a little wearing. With that said last Sunday I was feeling down because I have always had a calling in which to serve, but with all the traveling we are never in one place longer than three weeks so we are always just visitors. So this week I got the girls some Valentines to make...Shiloh was so excited...she filled out all thrity two that I bought her, and then proceeded to give the cards to all the Hotel staff including the front desk,  house keeping, the grounds keeper, and a few of the hotel guest. The next day we made cookies, shiloh ate a few then snuck out the door and took the staff a half dozen cookies. I thought it was cute, but didn't give it much thought. Then today the front desk presented to her a very cute Valentines Day gift and a thank you. It hit me that my seven year old knew how to serve regardless of any appointed calling. I love that my children can teach me, I am going to follow her example and try to spread more kindness around...I am so excited to start blogging miss you all. Jess

5 comments:

Christina said...

How neat! "And a little child will lead them." That's what always comes to my mind when the kids teach me lessons! Sounds like you are having so much fun! Miss you! Maybe you'll make it out east sometime!

Bri!!! said...

that is so sweet!

leadatortilla said...

Thanks for sharing this story! SO sweet. I sure miss you for my monday-kick-butt workouts! I signed myself up for the Little Red Riding Hood in Cache Valley... I have loads of questions for you and wish you were around! enjoy for day!

leadatortilla said...

I meant to write, "Enjoy YOUR day"... oops!

Leake's said...

Welcome back to blogging. It is so fun to hear of your adventures and visualize where you are and what you are up to. Of course we miss you, but you are having and adventure that very few of us will be able to put in our scrapbooks. We wish you well!!!!! Love your guys!!!!!! and give, Jas, Shiloh and Savannah a hug. Heres a big one for you- HHHHHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGG!