Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Deep fried!

Okay...so I have a new obession...well maybe an addiction. Jay and I went to a cajun resturant the other night it was FABULOUS!!! Houston is only about three hours from New Orleans so were talkin the real deal, the food spoke right to my heart (well maybe just my stomach, but it sure felt like love). The menu had alligator and frog legs among other enticing culanary treats. But I just can't get my mind off of the DEEP FRIED PICKLES yes I said deep fried, and Mmmmm Mmmm they were so good, they are going to love my hips for some time too ( no regrets, I wouldn't even mind getting fat and happy off of the gumbo and rum drench bread pudding) I am missing Utah, but wondering when we move back am I going to miss my deep fried pickles more? no doubt! Love ya'll Jess

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How have you been?! It's so good to hear from you again. I haven't been blogging much lately either (busy getting ready for the new baby any day now . . .) and I just noticed this and your last post. How fun to be able to have adventures like this. Doug's been traveling a lot lately too, (of course nothing like you guys) and one of the things I'm most jealous about is all of the unusual food he gets to try. Fried pickles sound like something right up this pregnant girl's alley! I hope you guys are having fun. Take care.

Michael J said...

Jessica,

Wow, All this deep fried goodness reminds me of my kentucky days with you guys, and of course... Betty´s OK Cooking.

Ohh i salivate thinking about the days to come in the south, love it while you got it, tell the fam i said hi- Mike