Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Friday, July 11, 2008

Butterfly Friends


I really love blogging! It has opened a world of communiction with old friends and new! A dear friend of mine gave me this poem, and I thought of all the beautiful people that have touch my life, I wish I had more time to see everyone but with busy lives, distance, and children it can be hard, so thank heaven for the internet. I just want to say I love you all, I think this poem is wonderful, it expresses how I feel about my dear friends.
"Friendship is like a butterfly fluttering here and there,
Lighting upon your shoulders, sitting in your hair.
Sometimes we only grasp it for a moment or two.
There are the ones that stay and together friendship is new. I wish to thank the butterfly who flew into my heart.
At first it was a stranger but was kind right from the start.
The warmth and love it radiated made me feel at ease.
And I wish to keep it's friendship and hope it never leaves.
So I thank you dear sweet butterfly, as I watch you soar above,
Spreading joy wherever you land and bringing with you love."
Have a Sweet Day!!


4 comments:

Shel said...

I peeked at your blog a little while ago and saw that you had that black and white background, I'm glad that I saw it because it totally went off the page! Anyways, I was able to fix it, so thanks! And thanks for using my backgrounds! It's so fun to see them on other people's blogs!

Charlene Roberts said...

Love the poem, very insightful. I really like your new background too, can you hook me up?

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Jessica...I loved the poem. You really are the sweetest most genuine person and you have a great family.

Sarah said...

This poem reminds me of that saying.."Some friends come into our life for a reason, some come for a season, and some are for our whole lives..." or something like that. I like to look back on friendships and see for what purpose special people were brought into my life! I can usually find insight there. Thanks! Have a great day!