Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th!






Bike race, suntan contest, and cannon ball jumping! What do these have in common, the 4th of July, We had the best time. Jason and Robbie towed both girls on the tagalongs, I road single which was fine by me, specially after watching how painful those hill climbs looked with the added weight! After the ride we went to enter the suntan contest; their was a guy from Africa, I thought there is no way we will win but fortunately the contest was based on how light you were to how dark you became. Robbie won 1st place and Shiloh won 1st place in the child's category, they both won beach blankets and a beach bag. It made Shilohs day even though she was kinda confused about why she won ( suntans just aren't important when you a kid). We decided to break from tradition and have mex instead of steaks and hamburgars, it was great. I could write alot more but I will be honest we played so much that I am exhausted! Happy 4th!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great time!! We did Mexican last year! Jess you sure are looking great, must be that bike riding thing you do.;) I still do a double take with the dark hair though.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Spending the 4th of July with you guys sounds like a lot of fun! Vince says you guys might move???? WHAT!! Hope we get to keep you guys for a while longer. You guys are such good examples and I loved your lesson on Sunday. Maybe I'll see ya at the pool sometime this week:)

Shel said...

I love to see you all decked out in your biking gear, you look so hard core! Sad to say that I'm not your visiting teacher anymore (not that I was much of one anyway) but I'm glad that I was because I got to know you because of it, and you guys are so much fun! Background looks good :)

Charlene Roberts said...

the only thing you forgot to mention about a great 4th of July was HOT DOGS!!!