Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Bountiful Day









Ahh, harvest time is so beautiful in it's quiet earthy bountiful way. I love Indian summer, Jay and I are so blessed with great friends, healthy children, and a Heavenly Father that loves us and cares for us. This Friday was a "perfect day" my girls and I spent the day exploring books and nature. Then we rolled up our sleeves and shucked a galvanized tub full of the best tasting sweet corn "thank you, thank you Shawna and Kevin".
Time stood still with the warmth of the day and the warmth and peace that came to my heart. God is real and he is everywhere.

From Auguries of INNOCENCE
To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake

8 comments:

Rob and Tiff said...

Wow those pictures paint a thousand words. I too love this time of year and everything the earth produces for our taste-buds. Mmmm... wish I could be there to share that delicious looking corn.

I love reading your blogs, they're always full of love and uplifting thoughts. Thanks for letting me "stalk" your blog.

Tiff - Kevin and Shauna's daughter.

Mandy said...

I love it!! Much more adventurous and patient than I think I would be. I don't know how you home school. It was sad to see Cody go to school, but now it sure is a nice break!:)

Andrea said...

What a beautiful post! You captured the beauty and joy of the moment so poignantly in both word and picture! Thanks for sharing it. You and your girls are so cute!

-By the way, my blog has moved. Follow the link....

Michael J said...

Its great to see you with a camera again, I remember some stunning shots you took in KY, take care

Leake's said...

Love the photo's...You are a gal of many talents. Glad to see the grapes and corn going to good use. I going hunting for a vita blender though. That juice was licious.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

What beauties you and your girls are....love the pictures. The food looks good too!

Ashley Willoughby said...

I love love love these pics jess! Shoot me an email if you can, we went private and I want to send you an invite.
ashleywby2@aol.com

KinsRae said...

Found Ya. Great pictures of you and your beautiful girls. Fall is the best time of year.
Kinslee