Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Friday, June 27, 2008

"Become as a little child"



As I was going to sleep last night my mind was flooded with thoughts of our dear Lisa, what a blessing she is in our life. Yesterday I was sitting on my bed reading and I could see Lisa from my bedroom she was giving her stuff doggie a b-day party, it was so precious. Hearing Lisa sing "Happy Birthday doggy" it was so cute she had a fake plastic B-day cake and pretending to feed it to her dear dog. As I lay awake I couldn't help think how Christ like Lisa is truly. Lisa is an amazing person, I was thinking of all the natural man, natural women problems that non handicap people deal with, and how Lisa is so beautifully without. I made a list mentally, Lisa has never gossiped, she has never been insecure, she has never felt pride looking up or looking down on people. Lisa has never raised her voice in anger or lost her temper, she doesn't take offence and she never brags, I am just listing the things she has never done, my list would be infinitely longer if I were t list all the good she dose. But here are just a few, she is always smiling, she loves people, she is always trying to help out. She is concerned about other peoples welfare... and I could go on and on. I came to the conclusion that spiritually I am the handicap person not Lisa, she is my teacher, and I love her dearly.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a lot to think about Jess. It's amazing how much we can learn from those in our care! Thanks for the insight!

Charlene Roberts said...

You and your family have been so great for Lisa. I have seen a lot of her youth come back since she has come to live with you, just goes to show a little love can go along way. Lisa is a gem and such a easy one to love, we are all so blessed.

Thanks for all you do Jess-

Michael J said...

Jess, I'm so glad to see Lisa being so well taken care of.

In all my life I've never seen her so happy. Keeep up the great summer.