Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Great Outdoors.




Jason and I had a great opportunity to go help work on the new Girls Camp in Heber. It was amazing, when we arrived a Senior missionary gave us a intro to why they decided to build a new camp (all the missionaries are Seniors, they are only called for 6 months out of the year) he explained that Pres. Hinkely had, had a vision and that the church needed to buy some property for a new girls camp. The church set out to buy some property in Herber they found about 40 acres, but pres. Hinckley said it wasn't enough, ultimately the church bought 8,500 acres give or take for the camp! WOW! It was beautiful, we had a great time, I was the only woman there as a volunteer, it was pretty funny, all the old men were concerned that I was overdoing it, but if anyone knows me it just made me all the more determined to prove how strong I was even if I was getting tuckered out! We got to clear a construction site first then our next job was clearing out logs and throwing them in a ravine so they could chip the wood for trails. I love this kind of labor!

3 comments:

Connor said...

Wow, sounds awesome - I myself have a few guesses as to what these "girls camps" will be used for in the future.. but only time will tell. :)

Jessica said...

I do too, it was pretty impressive! They even have large room like coolers to keep big amounts of food cool! And buildings for food storage, it was so organized,it truley could have been a city!amazing

Leake's said...

Isn't the Heber Camp the most amazing place. After visiting the open house with my camp director. I came home and told Kevin we are serving a mission there! Our stake is having girls camp there in August and we can't wait. Besides being in the mountains, which is a temple of it's own. The place has a feeling. You can tell it has been dedicated for the Lord's work.