Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Faith, Family, and Flip Flops

Sunday, June 22, 2008

let loose the Endorphins!




I am a bit new at this blogging thing, but if it is truly my blog I should mention my obsession with exercise and cycling. I was climbing Traverse mountain the other day, and I realized that when I am out on my bike or have worked up a huge sweat I feel more alive than I do any other time of the day. I love my heart pumping and my lungs bursting, it is the only time I am really conscious of my body and how it works. It is amazing to me how we can train our bodies to run forever or to climb a huge mountain, or simply grow stronger by lifting a few times a week. When I get into "that zone" and feel my body come alive everything around me becomes alive as well, the trees, the long road ahead of me, the hot sun above me, I am a junkie!Don't get me wrong there are days when I am just not motivated "like my Monday morning 6am cycling class, but I never regret it once I am there and moving. I know it has taught me some valuable lessons about perseverance and hard work, it makes me a better person, a better mother and wife, and I feel good and healthy, what more can I ask for. I thank my Heavenly Father for a healthy body and the opportunity I have to use it! I am so blessed

5 comments:

Jody said...

I so know the feeling! Unfortunately, I've been majorly slacking since we moved. I can't use unpacking as my daily "exercise" anymore! You've inspired me to turn over a new leaf. Thanks for the reminder of how amazing it is!

PS, next time you're going up traverse mountain either swing by and say hi, or take me with you!

Jourdan said...

Holy Crap! That is me and I am SO fat! It's really no wonder why I never made a good cyclist :)(But I don't even have ONE picture of proof of me racing that year- so Thanks!).

But yep. I can't deny it. I love it too and someday I'm gonna get lean and actually be fast. I am determined!

And Jody, I miss your yoga classes! Wish I could be there Thursdays...

Bri!!! said...

So true. I have an article I will post on my blog hopefully today that you will appreciate. I love it. My sister sent it to me for my birthday a few years back. I miss really exercising. Walking 3 miles a day just doesn't do it for me:-). Few more weeks! Later.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Well...hopefully you don't get multiple comments from me because everytime I would leave one the blogger site said it was down. So I would re-do it. Weird huh. Anyway...you have motivated me to get excited about excercising. I loved reading your blog. I'm sure you'll be seeing me at the pool:)

Shari said...

Jessica,

How fun to finally find you guys again. I was searching for you while I was in AD waiting for Robbie to get in touch with me to make sure he was there to pick me up. I called everyone I knew that might have known you in Lehi to get a phone number to get Rods number. I have some great pictures of the race at Sugar House. Who should I send them to? I've got a lot of pictures people I don't know but I'm sure someone would know who they are and like to have them. call me 4711175 Ill be in Utah county today to get a rental car.